Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #73 (permalink)
pzull

Default Some new tech that I hope to see in 2015

I'm new here and to riding and have been frustrated with finding a true quiver killer. The 2 boards I have: Raygun - good flex, good for goofing around and day dreaming rides but too soft for charging. The opposite goes for the stiffer One Magtek I have.

How about someone incorporating a Rheopectic insert so that when you're not hard charging its flexi and it stiffens up when you really charge and stress the board? They use these materials in flexible bullet proof vest that stiffens when a bullet strikes it. It's also in some shoes. more here: Rheopecty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Read end of 3rd paragraph (good for frequent leaps and descent!)

And an RFID chip please - phones will have them soon. Constantly have to hunt for my board on crowded days in whistler. Never pay attention to which rack I leave my board

How about some tension cables embedded in the deck with adjusters on topsheet? Tweak the tension to tweak the profile from camber to hybrid to rocker?

Hahaha deck will probably cost $5,000 and weight 20ilbs with all that tech. Wonder if Gnu will put it into their Impossible...which they dump every concievable tech they've got.

OK I watched inception last nite so I may just be dreamin
pzull is offline   Reply With Quote