Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - this is some fucked up shit....
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
kri$han
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I don`t know if this is a uniquely American phenomenon or not, but it is really sad to see our society become so damn callouse toward our fellow human being. I just cannot imagine not trying to help or get help for her. Christ man, I still stop and help stranded motorists. I just don`t know how someone can sleep at night knowing they did`nt try to help.

I mean it is even here in Portland on the "left coast" the most liberal area of the country.

Sad thing is no passengers or the security gaurd on the Trimet platformed stepped in. Things like this are occurring more and more and this is a reason behind why so many people are feeling compelled to get their carry permit for a gun. Not making it a gun control debate, just pointing out the number one reason when interviewed that people cite for getting a gun. Regardless of where you stand on the gun issue, it is a sad commentary on American society that anyone should feel the need for one other than in the bush of Alaska where we humans are definitely on the menu for critters with big teeth and claws.
HA!

I like your stance on gun-control, but then again of all the people in 'merica, I'd expect a forum full of hippes like this one to have a similar stance on guns as I do (I'm obviously against them, I'm even against hunting), but like you said I'll try not to provoke that discussion.

The two topics aren't related here though; its one thing to pull a complete stranger from a burning car, and its another to chase after a man who just stole a purse. Honestly, the latter I wouldn't do to "rescue" a womans purse. I'd be the first to say: "here's my cell phone; call the police, and your credit card company" Cuz I'm not chasing after a crackhead or a petty thief that has nothing to lose and can easily put a bullet between my eyes.

That being said, I've helped stranded people too... most times on the way to work, cuz it gives me a darn good excuse to be late (haha) and it feels good helping when i can. I've done it twice now, and one guy was actually a member of my car club! (which I didn't realise until I got out of the car)... small city!

There are still plenty of good people in this world. Don't lose faith in humanity simply becuase the media (CNN of all of them) pursuade you into thinking that we've all become monsters and that you should live like a paranoid bubble boy.

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote