Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Alberta
Thread: Alberta
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouscat View Post
Uhhh the steaks??? hello??

or are you a vegan?
+10,000,000!!!!!

Hmmmm, no need to cert and/or emissions test used cars.

No taxes on private sales of used cars.

No 50 km/h over "stunt driving" laws.

Radar detectors are legal. (can you tell I used to live in Communist Ontario?)

Land transfer tax is significantly lower than Ontario.

Gas is the cheapest in the country.

Pay tends to be higher and the job security is good.

1:20 from my house is a town that many people come from all over the world to see (Banff), and the same for mountains that we get to ride for up to 7 months of the year.

On the same note, there are enough mountains here that if you're careful you can ride an entire season without ever standing in line.

Our drinking water comes from a glacier. Fuck yeah all you bottled water bitches...

There are more sunshine days per year here than most other places in the world.

Very low humidity means A/C is pretty much not necessary, even when it's 35 deg out in the summer.

Long summer days with the sun coming up at 5:00 and not setting until 10:00 at night.

Relaxed atmosphere around firearms meant that when I had a semi-auto pistol I quickly got a permit to bring it to any border crossing, range, or shop in the province. In Ontario I required separate permits to bring it to different ranges, a shop, etc.

Beer/wine/spirits are sold in private stores. In Ontario the LCBO is provincially owned and controls all the booze except beer. LCBO closes at 9:00 pm every night and earlier on sundays.

Provincially owned financial institutions and credit unions have some better offerings than the big banks for credit cards, accounts, etc.

We have some great locally brewed beer. What do you expect in grain and glacier water country?

There are massive parks dedicated to off-road vehicle use, sleds, ATVs, dirt bikes, and trucks...

Hmmmm... you might say I like it here.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote