Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Old Guy Board help
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
A wise man once said "A snowboard does not catch an edge, it is the rider that catches it"... And if I wise man didn't say that then I just did.
O-o-o-o-h!! Very "Mr. Miyagi" of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Ultimately, camber will be better on ice and hardpack. Catching an edge really shouldn't be an issue for people that have at least a year or two under their belt.

Some people like the various edge techs like mange-traction/frostbite edges, etc. I prefer to go back to basics: A good, fairly stiff, cambered deck with as much effective edge as possible. A rockered nose isn't a bad thing though...
While I'm certain u would know much more about this than I,.. Is it not also true that with a stffer cambered board, more speed is essential if u hope to get the most from the boards performance capabilities?

Now that I've progressed some with my riding, I've noticed that my Arbor Roundhouse bites and holds a line much better, with more stability and control at speeds I just wasn't comfortable with last season.

Would my conclusion regarding that observation be on point?

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote