Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Resorts
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboardsrule View Post
Yeah the high speed lifts at Fernie are nice! When Westcastle is busy the wait at the red chair can be brutal. Since they put that bear chair in Fernie laps are much more tolerable than the old t bar, they gotta due something with the Haul back T to Boomerang, that makes for a long process to get outta Cedar.
Yeah, although it's a short t-bar and actually some decent runs down to the triple, but even still if you want to do full Cedar bowl laps it's a 3 lift excursion per lap! I usually stick to skiers right in the cedar bowl anyway (drop in off the little cliffs beside the bear, then stay on my heelside for a while) and you can make it back to the triple without having to take the t-bar but it's a long and boring traverse.

A lift from the bottom of cedar bowl up to the top of the North side of the bowl would be sweet! Not gonna happen though...

I also love the stuff on the ridge between Curry and Lizard, but that's a 2-3 lift excursion too. Lately I've hit the new side once or twice a day and spent the rest of my time putting the mileage in off the bear. When no new snow has fallen the main bear run can be great for wide open, relatively steep groomer carving.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote