Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canada or Japan????
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
Niseko in Japan averages at 12m of snow per YEAR! That's an epic proportion but I agree with WasatchMan, it totally depends on what terrain you want to ride and if you can financially afford it!

I'm flying from the UK and it costs me around the same (Japan/Canada) if I book separately and avoid package deals. I'm returning to Banff this February, epic place and I highly recommend it! I've only been boarding since 2011 (had three trips so far, Banff, Les Arcs, Val Thorens) and I still don't think I'm near the right skill level for knee deep POW!
Actually if wikipedia is right (it never is but oh well), then Mount Baker has the highest average snowfall at 16m+ and set a record of 29 m about 14 years ago: Mt. Baker Ski Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Revelstoke gets 12m a year... Revelstoke Mountain Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Fernie isn't bad at 9m a year or so...

Next time you come to Calgary try Fernie, Kicking Horse, Castle mountain, etc. Not saying the "Big 3" aren't good, but there are bigger, better with more snow if you get outside of the Banff area by only a couple hours at most.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote