Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question for Snowolf!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
firstx1017

female Question for Snowolf!

Hey there.... I'mmmmmmmmmmmm back.......... lol
Question for you - I got some new bindings this year and just put them on my board today. The past two years I have had my boots centered over my board while in the bindings - I sent you a photo of them to review if you may recall. With these new bindings we centered the bindings on the board and put my boots in and had them pretty much centered but my toes were a little more forward than my heel. We left it and after a run I needed to bring my highback up. I've always had my highbacks as high as they would go. After doing this it brought the toes of my boots further over the board than my heels. We didn't have any tools with us (left them at the base of the resort in the condo) so I just rode them that way. Well....... I had the best run of my life!!! I've always struggled going to my toeside, but I'm wondering if having my toes over the board a little more is why things went so well today. Each time I went to my toeside my edge seemed to take hold. I must not have strong toes and with them over the edge of the board more, I'm wondering if this is possibly why. I did laps down the black diamond run today and felt sooooo confident than previously. I could heel/toe down the run fairly easy - at least easier than it has been.

So... is there anything wrong with having your toes hang over your board a little more than your heels????? The heel is about 1/2 inch over the board - the toes are about 1 1/4 inch over the board. correction: husbands says it is more like 1 inch - kind of hard to measure with the toecaps on the bindings.

Last edited by firstx1017; 01-11-2013 at 09:40 PM.
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote