Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Setup - Centre of Board
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Thank you. I set them to -6 and +15 for my day tomorrow. The only concern I have now is my highbacks. I have the ladies union flite bindings and the highback is pretty flexible (which I actually like). The question is do I need to turn my highbacks parallel to the board so I am hitting them at the right angle on heelside turns? Or do you think they are ok as is considering that I didnt set them at some crazy aggressive angle?

I must also say that I am pretty pleased that I remounted my bindings myself. My husband has done it all for me until now. But I did it myself tonight.
Awesome! Highbacks should be fine, I usually try to turn mine close to parallel but it's really not going to make a big difference. If you find that you like the stance then I'd go to the trouble of rotating them after...

Good show on adjusting yourself! Word of wisdom here, check the screws after a couple runs tomorrow. I mounted bindings about 9 days ago on my new board, using the same technique I've done for years, and one of the screws had worked itself loose. Only a half turn or so but if I hadn't checked it it could have become a problem! Even if you leave them in that stance for the life of the board, check your screws a couple times a season at least.

Have fun!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote