Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hovercraft-size...powder boards longer or shorter?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Watch those hovercrafts, the inserts are forward of the centre of sidecut radius. Unless you would set up a twin forward of centre Im not sure why anybody would want that on a powder board. Its a design flaw in my opinion.

As for riding like a bigger board, they dont have the effective edge of a longer board and the only way you can increase the surface area of the board is by width. So when you cut through all the hype its just a wide board.

You have to consider if you want something that will hold a good edge on the hardpack, a board with full rocker forward of the bindings is never going to be as good as one with camber out in front like mine does, then add the long powder nose and the board is getting long, theres nothing you can do about it.
If you value the performance on hardpack as much as you do in the powder you find yourself needing a longer board. If you are prepared to have a rocker board from the front foot forward you can basically start the rocker nose profile a lot earlier and end up with a shorter board like the hovercraft. But I still dont know why the inserts are forward of centre? Id love someone to explain that one.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote