Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - avy packs
Thread: avy packs
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

ok, so i traded in some old gear at the swap shop and they happened to have a RAS ride 30 hangin on the wall so i put the trade $ towards it and took it home.

i cancelled most of the order i had put in for the ride light 30 but i left the bag itself on there so that is still coming sometime. it will end up over 2 pounds lighter with the light bag so i'm still pretty intrigued to see what that's gonna look like.

the RAS 30 itself is a pretty sick pack, although quite bulky near the top where the airbag sits. when fully loaded its also pretty bulky as far as the depth off of your back, which i hate - but it carries pretty well so i'll just have to see how it feels on snow.

one thing i can't figure out tho, Killz maybe you can help: with these packs A-frame carry up a chute or in any slide zone is a no-no, so i'm fine with diagonal ski-style carry. the problem is i can only see/find the lower diagonal carry attachment. do you know where the top one is? i can see no topside diagonal loop....

took it to a scuba shop to get filled (canister came empty) and discovered that you need a scuba tank adapter SCUBA Yoke to Airbag Canister Fill Adapter to do that... if i can get it filled at a paintball shop tomorrow i'll blow it before my sunday tour/hike/shred.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote