Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Santa Cruz snowboards?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
G Steezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rihardszz View Post
I also like that it has twin shape, just could someone tell me what is JIBBING?

and also Zero Camber.

P.S. will medium flex be good for park ?

sorry. i got so much questions and i think this is the best place for them.
you're so cute

Jibbing is any trick that involves a feature. A grind (that is, a slide of any sort on a rail, box, bar or any other feature) is, of course, a jib.
But a stall, tap, or any other trick you can think of that involves a feature, is considered a jib.

Zero Camber is a board that has no shape to it.
A regular cambered board will have an arch between the bindings and will be flat at the tip and tail, whereas a reverse camber board will be flat between the bindings and curve up at 1 degree progressively towards the nose and tail.
zero camber is flat up until the curved nose and tail. this gives you flex as well as stability (however in my opinion, zero camber is a kind of "jack of all trades, master of none" board shape)

Once again, it all depends in what you expect from your ride. A medium flex board will give you good pop, but wont skimp out on presses. It's your call really. Pop is important, but to me, pressing and smooth butters were more important, so I finally opted for a reverse camber board. Snowboarding is subjective like that.
G Steezy is offline   Reply With Quote