Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding angle stance
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
PowderMonkey

I know for sure I don't like duck because it strains/is uncomfortable for my mcl(no prior injury) on my back leg. It's totally dependent on the physiology of the individual. I'm ok when totally square to the board, but if I look down the mountain with a little shoulder/hip rotation, forget it. My toes don't naturally point out when I turn my body/rotate my shoulders in a snowboarding position. I can do squats ok in a slight duck stance, but that's because my entire body is facing completely forward with no rotation.

My boot size is 12(using burton 13). I have a wide board with a little overhang of toe and heel(much less than my rental board regular width). Is that a big deal to have a little overhang? My board is 262 mm wide. Can you still ride switch once in a while when +15/+3? My board is a directional twin. Just makes it harder to ride switch right? Not impossible?

Last time I was out, I used 0/0 on a rental board so I could practice going both ways(3rd time out and wanted to figure out for sure that I was goofy foot). I was linking turns both ways, but better for sure goofy. Why do people recommend against a straight stance? I'm thinking it just feels more natural to have some angle because you don't have to turn your body as much when going down the mountain?

Last edited by PowderMonkey; 01-12-2013 at 10:40 AM.
PowderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote