Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Backpacks with Snowboard Carry System
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wangta

Hey guys,

Thanks all for the suggestions and comments.

To address some comments - I'm actually getting this bag as a requirement for an upcoming snowboarding trip to Hakkado and Niseko in Japan. Not so much Niseko, but Hakkado will be 90% off trail riding and requires hiking to locations - see picture below. One of the requirements is a backpack that can hold your board, hence the reason I'm buying this.

I typically don't ride with a backpack when on a resort, but plan to do more backcountry riding in the future. At some point, I'd love to get/make a splitboard, but I'm at least a year from that point (plus, I don't live near anything like that).

I've been looking at the Dakine Heli Pro DLX and the Dakine Pro II. I can't really tell the difference b/w the two besides styling and the Pro II seems a bit bigger? I also like the fact the Pro II has a helmet holder - which would come in handy when I'm traveling a long way (like to JAPAN). I was hoping to keep the bag at a minimum size - I don't think I'll need 26 L. I think a 20L one would be large enough?

I am also looking at the Jones backpacks - specifically the 18L. It's pretty new but looks medium size and can carry the board horizontal and vertically.

18 Liter Backpack

Last edited by Wangta; 01-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote