Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Backpacks with Snowboard Carry System
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Thanks all for the suggestions and comments.

To address some comments - I'm actually getting this bag as a requirement for an upcoming snowboarding trip to Hakkado and Niseko in Japan. Not so much Niseko, but Hakkado will be 90% off trail riding and requires hiking to locations - see picture below. One of the requirements is a backpack that can hold your board, hence the reason I'm buying this.

I typically don't ride with a backpack when on a resort, but plan to do more backcountry riding in the future. At some point, I'd love to get/make a splitboard, but I'm at least a year from that point (plus, I don't live near anything like that).

I've been looking at the Dakine Heli Pro DLX and the Dakine Pro II. I can't really tell the difference b/w the two besides styling and the Pro II seems a bit bigger? I also like the fact the Pro II has a helmet holder - which would come in handy when I'm traveling a long way (like to JAPAN). I was hoping to keep the bag at a minimum size - I don't think I'll need 26 L. I think a 20L one would be large enough?

I am also looking at the Jones backpacks - specifically the 18L. It's pretty new but looks medium size and can carry the board horizontal and vertically.

18 Liter Backpack

2012 Ride Highlife 161
2013 Ride Slackcountry 164

Last edited by Wangta; 01-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote