Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question for Snowolf!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
firstx1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
The reason asked for specific location on the knee is that can sometimes tell you some thing. I for example get pain in the MCL and found that ducking my stance out more helped. I rode 15/-15 for years. Recently I changed to 15/-18 and that has helped my right knee MCL.
We were on a run last weekend and when my husband tried to fix my right binding, it popped up and he couldn't remember what angle I had it at so he put it at -15 that put me at 15/-15. Thursday I told him I thought it was more than -15 but I left it there as I was more fixated on my toes being over the edge of the board. This afternoon he put it to -18 when he widdened my stance. I came back here and found my post from last year and back in April I had it at 15/-21. So, tonight he put it back to 15/-21 and put my stance back in as it was as I know the stance was too wide and that is why I was getting hip and knee problems. I pulled a photo of the knee online to try to figure out where the pain could be, but I just can't isolate it. It is pain on the outside of my right kneecap - not the inside. Right now it is swollen and I can hardly bend my knee and put my foot up towards my butt. And if I press real hard to the right of my right kneecap, it is painful there. Last year it was pain behind my knee. So, onward we go! I'll keep you posted!