Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I have a pair of union flite bindings. I love them, have never had a problem with the release. Guess I am lucky.
I agree, but it's not because of luck.
I have the DLX and Force bindings. My bro has the Flites. The DLX and Flite both have the same toe ratchet, which is a lot easier to release than that of the other Union bindings.

Also, the lock on The DLX/Flite ratchets opens up wider which makes them easier to slide on the ladders. I have a DLX toe ratchet on my back binding and a Force ratchet on my front binding, since I get out of the back binding after every run. Both sets of my straps are from the Force bindings, and I use the DLX ankle ratchets too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I am however completely pissed that the pretty pink paint is chipping off in one or two spots already. I have only spent time on the bunny hill. Not like I am tearing down the mountain or anything.

Annoyingly, the paint on my heel loop and toe ratchets has also started to chip off. That happens with everyone's though.
You could return them if possible and go with another brand if it bothers you.
The biggest parts- the base and highback- are not painted, so you don't have to worry about those.

I do think they could have made the paint more durable though. I wonder how much more they'd cost if the parts were powder-coated instead of painted? That would last a long time.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote