Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ThirtyTwo Sizing Accuarcy?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckboxing View Post
I find 32's (at least my Focus) pack out quite a bit. When you have them heat molded, they can put a toe cap on your toes to give you some extra room there. I had Vans in 11 that fit quite well and bought 10.5 32's, after they packed out I regretted not going even smaller.
That's what I was worried about. I actually did a little test to simulate the liners being packed out. This was before I checked and put the new boots back how they were in the box:

First I removed the foot beds from my old size 14 boot liners (which are packed out and have plenty of room in the toe section) and washed them in the machine to make sure they were completely clean. (I've done that before, so I didn't mind.)

I then took the new size 13 footbeds from the ThirtyTwo liners and placed them inside the clean and dry size 14 liners.

I then put the size 14 liners into the size 13 boots (fit fine) and tried them on. Much more room.
This simulated how the boots would feel with packed out liners... still too small. After walking around my toes stared to hurt a little.

Conclusion: The length of the exterior boot is just a little too small. I can now safely say that these ThirtyTwo boots run about half a size too small. Looks like I'll be going with the 14s after all.

Here's a comparison of the length of my legitimate size 13 foot to that of the "size 13" boot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckboxing View Post
Whatever you do, get some quality aftermarket insoles.
I appreciate the tip, but I won't need to do that. The insoles of these boots are already really good. They're way more supportive and more comfy than the footbeds of my previous boots, which were more or less flat.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote