Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
jennifer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
What is the issue? Catching toe edges? Catching heel edges?

What kinda board are you riding? Cambered, rockered, some mix of both? What boots?
I think the issue is honestly my lack of coordination. I have lost about 120 pounds in the past 5 months, I am still learning my body and figuring out how it all works...if that makes any sense.

I started with Burton Moto boots that I bought, then switched to a pair of Sims Omen boots. The burton boots were a nightmare. I couldnt even finish the lesson. I had to stop and then restart the lesson a half hour later. I have a pair of Union flite bindings, and am riding an M3 board I got at big5. I will get a better board if I ever make it off the bunny hill. According to the website it is a true twin reverse camber. I am 5'3, it is a 150 board.....because according to all the websites and the people at the stores we went to I needed a longer board to accomidate the fact that I am still overweight for my height. (not for long! Still losing quickly)

When I catch an edge it is usually the front. Honestly it is the helicopter spinning that freaks me out....and those falls always hurt.