Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I was not commenting on why the ratchet was hard to open. You made that assumption based on nothing. I was purely commenting on the ratchets ability to stay put on the ladders while riding.

When properly adjusted and used correctly you don't strip ladders with Burton or Flux ratchets. If you're maxing out the ladder and trying to choke your ankle then yes, you will strip ladders. But if you're doing that, you didn't set up your bindings right or you're in the wrong size.

Oh and good job pointing out 2 brands that you "claim" have inferior ratchets. And can you really say that they perfected their toe ratchet in year one? Cause I'm pretty sure the mechanism is the same.

You failed to explain why they aren't using a release like on the ankle either. That one seems to stay put just fine and not strip. While I've never had an issue with Burton/Flux ratchets I still prefer a 3 pin (there's isn't) like K2, Ride, and Salomon now use. It has as much power and accuracy as your beloved Unions and then also releases 10 times eaiser.
Union isn't using the release lever on the toe ratchet as they do on the ankle because it would look retarded and it isn't necessary. Again, you just need to pull and press...no need for a lever.

Ride uses the same mechanism. They've also perfected this ratchet design. They just use a lever, which I think looks ridiculous and, again, is completely unnecessary.

10 times easier? Seriously, pull and press simultaneously. For some it may take some practice. But if you work really really hard, you will get it some day.

Last edited by Extremo; 01-13-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote