Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

great thread.
Take up Snowolfs offer is my advice. In addition have your husband video tape you on the bunny hill to send to Snowolf. This can give him the visual he may need to spot your problems or make constructive suggestions.

On the body issue, congratulations on making or progressing on a goal you have set. I somewhat disagree with the clumsy part, only somewhat. Boarding is also about balance and small movements. When starting some people make large harsh movements to turn and this can hurt you as well. Just an observation of my experiences, others may disagree and I may be wrong but its what I have observed.

It took me 3 full days to be able to ride the gentle greens at our small hill. So don't feel alone in slow progression. Everyone learns at a different and individual pace. I and many of us look forward to seeing you progress. I love seeing families that ride together. I love riding with my kids, I wish my wife would ride but I know that is not and will not happen. My daugther may start soon as well so lots of father-kid time when this does happen.

Stick with it and work with Snowolf, I think you will be very happy with the results and enjoy your time riding.