Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in the East (PA mainly)
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheNorminator

Question Where to go in the East (PA mainly)

So I just started snowboarding and I want to go as many times as I can now. I went to Killington in VT for my first time and then went to a bunch of places in PA, since they're close to me. Which resort is the best? Especially on weekends. I went to Camelback on December 30, right after we got 4 inches of snow. Bad idea. The lines were so long I waited more than I actually boarded. Then I went to Shawnee. Overall, it's pretty nice. I love the trails but I'm already feeling kinda bored with them. I guess Vermont has spoiled me So which place should I go:

Jack Frost/Big Boulder
Shawnee
Camelback
Blue Mountain
Elk
Belleayre
Mountain Creek? (It's the closest to me)

I've heard great things about Elk but its farther away than the other resorts (not including Belleayre). Elk and Belleayre are both about 2 hours away from me. I'm leaning towards Belleayre because they have some high speed lifts which I love and their season pass pricing is friggin ridiculous! 265 for an unlimited teen (which I am) pass is such a great deal! Did I mention my dislike towards fixed-grip lifts? They take way too long to take you to the top. I swear at Shawnee I sit in the lifts for 5 minutes just to rise 700 feet.

I'm also kinda curious about Mountain Creek. It's only 45 mins away from me, but everyone absolutely hates them.
TheNorminator is offline   Reply With Quote