Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #93 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
The NOWS are light as it is, maybe you need to ride a bit more. Pretty sure space grade carbon is not the same as what companies are using for snowboarding. Carbons properties for snowboarding are best used when laid flat to initiate snap. Bending, folding, or using for anything else weakens it significantly.

Next time you get to hold a carbon strip take it and snap it against the side of a table and tell me what it does.

Again Wrong.

Im not going to debate with you on a topic you know nothing about. Do some research about it, and I dont mean reading what other people on other biking, car etc forums say about it because chances are they dont know shit either. Read about what ACTUAL engineers who use it to build high performance cars, or things associate with the aerospace industry say about it then come back and debate the merits and performance of CF with me. Although im guessing at that point there wouldn't me much to debate about

In actuality heat would do more damage to CF before cold, but you would need to be snowboarding down a volcano before you notice the effects.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote