Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #94 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

My god you're just a fucking idiot. Yeah my friends that design bindings and boards for a living know nothing at all. Fucking think before you post dipshit. Carbon when folded is weaker than when laid in a strip, if directly impacted it will crack that's why it's laid flat on boards or woven into a tube like the Ride Poprods and then placed into milled out cores to better protect it. There's also other things they do but I doubt your mind can comprehend that as you're all about trying to have a big dick swinging contest.

You're also arguing a different grade carbon fiber. You think a snowboard company is getting the same stuff that Bugatti is getting? Or for that matter NASA? Sure you could make a full aerograde carbon baseplate but the binding would cost 1,200 bucks and still suffer. At the end of the day if your set up is too heavy by a few ounces take a shit far cheaper than shelling out more for a slight weight loss. Or better yet get off your ass and ride more so your body is in better shape and accustomed to that slightly heavier binding.

I've ridden long enough to have seen the various incarnations of carbon in bindings and what it does. Doubt you have.