Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #95 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Again Wrong.

Im not going to debate with you on a topic you know nothing about. Do some research about it, and I dont mean reading what other people on other biking, car etc forums say about it because chances are they dont know shit either. Read about what ACTUAL engineers who use it to build high performance cars, or things associate with the aerospace industry say about it then come back and debate the merits and performance of CF with me. Although im guessing at that point there wouldn't me much to debate about

In actuality heat would do more damage to CF before cold, but you would need to be snowboarding down a volcano before you notice the effects.
Fine, I'm an engineer, and I know bikes. You want Now's to cost $2200? K, then he can make them out of carbon. There are significantly different stresses going on in a snowboard binding than in a car or bike. Not to mention they have a lot more material to disperse the stresses over. You wanna talk small parts? The cheapest carbon track crank worth anything for stiffness is the FSA Carbon Pro at about $350, which is outperformed by Durace and even Omniums. The Campy CX Carbon Groupo is over $1k, and I'd still prefer to just throw Durace or Ultegra on my whip. A decent set of brake levers will cost you at least $150 if you want carbon.

So, tell me again how much better a carbon fiber NOW would be?

And lastly, if this was a viable construction don't you think Burton would be doing it if the cost was below $700? They aren't, cause you can't.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote