Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Optikal_Illuzion

Jennifer,

I thought about giving up, ecspecially after I broke my tailbone. Thinking to myself "what the hell am I doing here? Maybe I should try stick to tubing or skiing". I've never been as bruised up as you though, but have been in alot of pain my first week riding.

Keep up your attitude and you'll get through it! I'm still on green/blues mostly, but I agree with trying to get off the bunny hill onto a green. I couldn't do jack on a bunny hill except go staright down to gain some sort of speed and by the time i was ready to do a turn I'd be at the botton. I was scared at first, but honestly it was alot of fun, even with some falls! Remember to stretch before and after, and hit up a hot tub... or a hot bath with some epsom salts?

I would also agree with purchasing protective gear. Since I fall mostly on my butt and have already broken it, I bought Azzpad, and a helmet. Seriously worth it. A little uncomfortable at first with azzpad but you dont notice it, and it barely hurts when I fall.

I took a hard takedown on ice right on my butt, and these kids just looked at me all astounded asking "how'd you get up so fast"... I just got up and kept going Protective gear really helps your confidence since you wont worry so much about injury.

Good luck on your progression!
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote