Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Congratulations on being an engineer. That doesn't mean you build airplanes, cars or satellites using CF nor does it mean you know shot about it. I addition my previous posts we talking about how CF can be used in snowboard bindings, and how the cold does not effect it etc Eric. Not sure what the point of your post is.

As far as cost, and especially in the sport if biking I'm afraid that sport is a bit d a victim of marketing. Yes, carbon fiber is expensive, but its not out of reach. Also why are you saying burton doesn't use carbon fiber in their bindings!? Diodes?

I have plenty of carbon finer parts in my car, and I can assure you it performs at conditions far beyond anything a binding would need. I have talked with the actual guys that design Porsche, and I know exactly why CF is used.

It can be used in bindings, it is used in bindings, and while the cost goes up its nt out of reach.
How and what I know of carbon fiber is my business. I have nothing to prove to you. You clearly have something to prove to us though.

You wanted them to lighten up the NOWS with carbon. I told you why that's dumb. Tell me again how my post was irrelevant? Oh and the Diode is a carbon fiber highback with Carbon (not fiber) in the POLYCARB base. The carbon in the base does not lighten it up, it stiffens it.

I couldn't give a rats ass who you've talked to. Name dropping does nothing for me. Again I put forth, if Burton could make a binding out of Carbon for less than $700, they'd have done it. They haven't. It's not cost effective.

Really to settle this, is there anyone out there with a digital scale that has a pair of NOW's and maybe like Cartels or something? They aren't that heavy anyway.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote