Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
brucew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
All 3 instructors I worked with thought the equipement was fine. They just told me I was taking longer to progress but was still doing well. I did rent a board for a while on my third day/lesson. It was not any better, and in fact worse in some ways.

I am not "trying" to lose weight. I am losing weight. I have lost 120 pounds so far. I am feeling great, and would seriously rather eat a bullet than go back to where I was.

I have done 3 lessons already...and am feeling like until I can master the things that were taught to me at those 3 lessons I am just burning money to have someone stand around and watch me fall. Once I can actually link some turns and make it town a hill (even a small hill) without ending up on my behind or my face I plan on spending some serious cash on private lessons to help me progress.....also to show me how to get on and off an actual ski lift. The big bunny hills just have moving carpets.
If you've done 3 lessons and your still falling and helicoptering uncontrollably I'd probably start to question the intelligence of whoever is giving you lessons.

Have you checked out the beginner videos from snowolf?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...ons-video.html

Snow professor also has some good stuff
First snowboard lesson

If you can post video of yourself riding that will help some of the experts on here diagnose your problems and get you shredding quickly.
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote