Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A few questions about my first board
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Jammy473

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few questions about my first board

Yes sorry yet another help choose my board thread!

So I have snowboarded a total of 10 days so far. 4 days in Big White, Canada, and 6 days in the French alps. However many years skiing, longboarding and windsurfing experience meant that I picked it up and progressed very quickly

So I'm going snowboarding again this march, and have decided to ditch rentals and get my own board! I know I want a primarily all-mountain board, but one that I can use successfully in the park as I found myself going there more and more as I improved.

So far I have narrowed it down to 2, the Arbor Westmark or the Ride Manic, although I am open to any other suggestions of course.

Now I know the Arbor is probably a better board, but I am on a budget (I am a student) and don't want to spend more than I need to. Should I avoid the more beginner/intermediate boards like the Ride? I know I have only been riding 10 days but I can carve down most runs comfortably and hit small jumps and rails already. I won't be able to replace this board any time soon, but only manage to get on the slopes 1 week per season.

Thanks for any help!

p.s been looking at the k2 auto uprisers for bindings? are these suitable?