Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Proving once again you're a dumbass.

Don't fret, these two have been hardcore Union haters for years now. I always find it's funny they go ape shit over product that uses the same exact designs, yet takes any chance they get to shit on Union. You know what they say about turds of a feather...

BA use to shit all over brands back in his elsnowboardo days...he use to get flamed to shit back then, it was pretty f'n hilarious do watch him get douched on a daily basis. Which is why you shouldn't listen to gear whores when it comes to product. Listen to people who actually buy their shit. When you've got skin in the game you take the time to pay attention do good product, which is why I'm still riding Union. Some of the garbage these guys orgasm over is embarrassing to snowboarding.
Funny I remember you biting your pillow and crying over your lack of knowledge or informed decision making. Also repeatedly being owned because your blind fanboyism clouds your judgement. I know this is a hard concept but when everyone says the same thing about a product having a fault and continually saying why can't they fix this and the brand ignores it, then it's the brands fault to recognize that they need to fix the problem. Hell by your own admission in other threads you recommend swapping the toe straps out for another brands. So are you admitting it's faulty as well or can Union do no wrong?

Let me give you a little history lesson here Extremo and you can look this up. Martino Fumagali (sp) and George Kleckner (pretty sure there's 2 other guys in there as well think Bob Gungam and Johan) worked for Drake during its heyday in the late 90's early 00's before the brand decided to shove its head up its ass.

Those guys made in my opinion some of the best bindings at that time because you were limited to Preston/Ride (Crap), K2 (explosive crap) Burton (plastics that ate themselves and ratchets that exploded, also had a weird fit on bulkier boots), Technine (explosive bindings), and a few others. It was during this time period Drake was pretty much on everyone's feet if you weren't sponsored by another company. At that time definitely the most durable binding.

These guys left and formed Union which is why the design cues are very similar. The problem is that a majority of their design ideas haven't changed since then. All one has to do is look at the fucking ratchets. Sure they worked back then but things have gotten so much better since then. Now you can sit around and not care about progression, but me personally I like having an iPhone over a Zach Morris brick, I like a Ps3 over a NES, and I definitely like bindings that are minimalistic but have increased functionality.

So Jr. what do you have to say to all that?

Now for 2014 supposedly there's a drastic overhaul on their binding line. I'm curious to see what's changed and to see if they've addressed the heel cup slip issues, ratchets, toe strap fit, that lame ass piece in the highback that sits between the strap and highback that seizes up on new bindings, as well as the dampening, and then there's my personal favorite the double ejection factor on the bindings. Would I be willing to try them? Yeah it's been a few years since I bothered to give a fuck about hopping on some Unions.

Normally I avoid getting into it with dipshits of your diminished mental capacity these days, but I felt compelled to speak up against your blind fanboyism. Also before you say Nivek is a full on hater, kid owned 3 pairs for his personal set ups over the years and had all those issues, yet continued to ride them till he had that big revelation you never will because your extra chromosomes hinder your thought process and bought some real bindings.

Last edited by BurtonAvenger; 01-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote