Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #655 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by riziger View Post
Hey guys I know it's not technically "facemask" but between the Dakine Convertible Hood and the UA Coldgear hood, which would be the better choice? I like a hood where I can pull down the mouth bit if it gets too hot/irritating. Leaning slightly towards the UA hood but the Dakine is slightly cheaper. Thoughts?

Also my helmet fits pretty well. Would using either of these hoods make it uncomfortably tight?
If you want to be able to move down the mask, get the UA one. The mouth part moves down and the hood stays up.

On the Dakine one, the hood goes down and the mask stays up.

If you're wearing a helmet I don't think you'd really need a hood unless your ears get cold. Last season I tried the Serius version and it made my helmet so tight I couldn't even get it on properly, so I returned it.

Perhaps you could try a Buff facemasks instead. You can wear it as a facemask, or down around your neck. If you want, you could also wear it over your ears or entire head while also wearing it as a facemask. It's about $20 and made of the same or very similar material as the Under Armour one, yet you can wear it the same way and a load of other ways:

This is how you can wear one:

There are other ways, too.

They're also more compact if you want to take it off.
Here's a link to their page for the Men's Snowboarding-specific ones:

http://www.buffusa.com/sports/collec...n/snowboarding

I don't actually have one, but they still look really good. I think it would be a much better option than the Dakine and UA balaclavas.

You could try one of these as a last resort!

Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote