Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Strewth Bindings - New Speed Entry System
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
Thanks for the replies. All good constructive stuff.

I did post a reply but it's disappeared into the internet, so sorry if this is a double up.

The main point to keep in mind is, this is a prototype. We haven't focused on making it pretty yet. The main point up to now has been to prove the concept.

Yes, the baseplate is thick. This is due to the prototype materials not being as strong as production materials, and therefore we've had to compensate. In and end production model with production materials the baseplate would be a normal thckness.

We have done a fair bit of stress testing so far, and even with prototype materials the binding has held up well. We'll be doing full scale stress testing with production materials and more riders come this southern winter.

Also, we're not aiming to be the next megacorp, just focusing on a niche market. There are people who liked step-ins, even with the problems, and some people just don't like Flows etc.

Thanks for all the comments and please keep them coming.
I use K2 CTX and love them. My only doubt is on the trigger that low, moving it up on the highback would keep it away from the snow/ice. Another interesting feature I saw on rental bindings is the possibility to change angle on the fly releasing a lever that unlocks the base plate rotation.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote