Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Protip: When you volunteer to drive, dont be a douche
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'm guilty. I don't see how texting/talking/eating while driving is so complicated and confounding to the general public. I mean they are bad habits and all but it's just not that hard to pay attention to the road.

Drugs don't make people stupid, people are stupid.
Devices don't make people bad drivers, they are bad drivers.

I'm prepared to get flamed.
Have a good day.
I don't doubt there are drivers who are capable of doing all of those things while driving, and still being safer than most drivers. There are drivers who can drive 50% over the speed limit and are still safer than most. I know because I'm one of them

But you don't make the laws for those people. You make the laws for the ones who can't handle two things at once. And the problem is EVERYONE thinks they're a member of the first group, not the second.

Let's face it, all laws discriminate against the people for whom those laws aren't necessary. But all laws are made for the clubheads who can't handle a three-dimensional universe filled with more than 4 things.

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote