Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ThirtyTwo Sizing Accuarcy?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

I'm checking out some of these tomorrow. Supposedly REI and a local running store carry them...I can't imagine ordering something like this online without checking them out first, but I've bought a couple pairs of Sole flip flops, and they're awesome. Great arch support. I have really high arches, and the orthopedic surgeon says that's probably why I tore my metatarsal tendon and had to have surgery.

https://secure.yoursole.com/us/footbeds/softec-ultra/

My Thirty Two Focus Boas fit GREAT, so far. I've had them heat molded. I wear a 12 shoe and bout 12 boots...my toes still touch, but I've only ridden them three times. I'm getting a very slight heel lift, but maybe I just know how to dial them in properly yet...never used Boas. I like super stiff boots (riding a NS Titan with Flow NXT-FRS bindings), and don't like any lift. I think my old boots were too loose making me force down on my toes, and helped rip my tendon. Anyway, I've had good luck with Sole products, though I've never tried their footbeds. They're heat moldable, with instructions online how to do it at home, and they're not very expensive. I haven't installed the Thirty Two heel pads that came with the boots...they don't look like'd really do anything.

Last edited by surfinsnow; 01-13-2013 at 05:14 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote