Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Season Ender
Thread: Season Ender
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
I'm still in the hospital, fresh dose of Dilaudid for this is a good time. haha

It was warm, 55 degrees or something. The snow wasn't bad though, faster than I expected so we were happy about that.

Dave, Leo and I go though the park once to kind of scope things out. Everything looked like shit and we didn't hit anything on that lap. We came back around on the next lift and for some reason I decided to hit the first jump.

The first mistake was that I seriously misjudged the drop in zone and started off too high. Secondly, I forgot the snow was faster even though it was soft so I doubled down on my stupidity.

So one of my bad habits is coming in on the jumps favoring my heel edge. Sometimes I catch myself, correct it and land the jump. Other times I end up washing out the landing.

Well since the snow was so soft, when I came in hot on my heel edge and ended up kicking my board out from under me and flying parallel to the ground. Since I was going to fast I overshot the transition and landed flat, on my ass/lower back and boom, broke back mountain.

I knew I had to get out of the way but all I could manage to do was roll over on my knees as I groaned in serious agony. I managed to crawl to the edge of the run. Ski patrol gave me the ride of shame on a board and sled down the hill and the ambulance took me right to the hospital.

The thing that really bothered me was that I was afraid of ruining everyone else's day and I kept telling them to go ride off without me. haha
"Coming in hot." You thought you were in the cockpit of an F15 Tomcat. Your buddy Iceman should have told you to slow down. In all seriousness, thanks for the explanation and have a speedy recovery!
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote