Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Strewth Bindings - New Speed Entry System
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Strewth

How easy will it be to fit a finger of a glove in there to release the lever??
-It's actually pretty easy. There is nothing directly underneath the lever, so lot's of clearance to get a gloved hand on. Have found it generally an easier action then releasing a buckle.

What if I'm wearing mittens, I don't want to remove my mitten to release the binding
- Lever is long enough and lots of clearance to accommodate a glove or mitten, so have found no issue there so far.

You have to bend down farther to reach the release lever unlike Flow or K2 the release is up on the high back.
- With a Flow you need to reach around behind the leg. The current lever location seems a bit more natural, and have found generally easier than releasing a hiback lever. The being on the side rather than behind seems to compensate for the extra distance, ie you end up bending about the same.

How do I release the binding if I'm sitting down??
-The heelcup & hiback is a traditional two piece setup, ie not a one piece like a Flow. Therefore the heelcup can open more than the hiback which makes it easier when sitting down than a one piece hiback, which must lay flat before exiting. ie the heelcup can be fully open, but the hiback can be folded forward somewhat (as it would be when sitting) and still be able to exit. It's easier standing up, but is easier sitting down than the current designs.
Strewth is offline   Reply With Quote