Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I just figured something out, and I don't like it.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Default I just figured something out, and I don't like it.

Ok, so what started this all was after doing a pow day on the Bezerker it was a little under whelming for me so I went on a little search for a more pow specific board. I ended up on the Charlie Slasher for many reason none too important to the story. So while cruising the Capita website I thought I would check the specs on my first ever board, 159 Stairmaster. First thing I noticed was the waist width 25.8cm....holy shit that thing is wide compared to my foot. At the time of buying it I was a total noob and bought it used without knowing much. The other thing I noticed is it only has a flex of 4, or on the softer side. I now own a 158 Bezerker with a waist width of 24.8, but a flex of 7. Yes I realize the flex is relative to the maker of the board, but 3 in my mind is still a decent gap. The thing is I feel over all I rode better on the Stairmaster even though it was too wide. Could this have been due to the flex? I am a lighter weight guy at 156lbs and not terribly strong.

I am now feeling like I bought the wrong board, but I am stuck with it until end of season pending I could a good trade with someone. I should have just go a Proto......
atr3yu is online now   Reply With Quote