Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Nidecker Megalight - Just Arrived!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Hi Jet,
Just wondering how you are liking your Mega and how is it holding up? I received my Ultralight and I broke it in at Mt High yesterday. The board kicks ass but I did get a couple chips in the top coat. Wanted to ask you if you have noticed anything. I can't expect a board as fast and as well made as ours to show no wear but I was a little surprised that after one day I would see minor damage.

Best
Mike
Hey,

Loving the new board, super fast and just loves the powder.

Sucks to hear what happened. Were the chips on the surface area (not the edges?) Any idea what caused them?

My top sheet is fine, but I do have a few chips along the tail and nose from backcountry rocks and a dumb teenager who was bombing down the hill on his snowboard during night skiing who clipped the back of my board. Otherwise, so far so good.

I have heard of older Nideckers having vulnerable topsheets, but nothing on the recent batches over the past couple of years.

Maybe the few here who actually have an Ultralight will chime in with their boards.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote