Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

goggle fogging

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  LightninSVT 
#1 ·
My goggles fog so much, every run almost. Would sunglasses fog more or less than goggles?

#8 ·
OR ignore the troll and make sure any new goggles you're buying make a good seal around your face. Bonus points for anti-fog coating on the lens.

Also, don't fiddle with your goggles constantly. For the longest time I had the cheapest pair of Bolle goggles that was literally a sheet of plastic in front of my eyes. No fog whatsoever.

#10 ·
I went out without my face ask today and no fogging problems, minutes after I put it back on it started fogging again. So I figured out the cause, but now my face is cold, what are my options now? Would one of those face bandanas cause the fogging to? Sucks to solve a problem only to create a new one.

#12 ·
I had fogging problems for years. Went through many goggles, masks, fog sprays & cloths, etc. I think I finally figured out my problem but what a pain in the balls dealing with fogging year after year. I had friends with $20 goggles that their dad's used in the 90's that wouldn't fog, but my brand new $120 pair would.

First, find a pair of goggles that fits your face properly without any air gaps. I found that my pair wasn't completely sealed around the nose and my temples. It also helps if the goggle foam is only touching your face to seal properly. I found that if I wore them over my hat or face mask they would fog.

Second, I found that the mask I was wearing was blowing my hot breath up in front and under my goggles. After 3 masks I found that an under armour mask let my breath blow out and not up into my face.
UA ColdGear® Hood | 1223223 | Under Armour US

Third, do not take the goggles on and off a lot, and do not keep them on top of your hot head when they are not on your face, unless you're wearing a helmet.

Fouth, do not rub the inside of the lenses either. If you must clean them, blot them with the goggle bag. If you must dry them, use the hand dryer in the lodge bathroom.

I also had better luck if I stored them in the outside pocket of my jacket when I wasn't wearing them instead of an inside warmer pocket.

That should solve your problems...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.