Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I already know I am going to get a bunch of crap for this question...but I dont care. You think if I sent mine out to be powder coated it would void my union warranty? Think that would solve my issue with the paint chipping?
Sorry, I wasn't giving you crap. I was actually agreeing with you. If you pay that much money for a product, whether or not it's a pair of bindings, the paint on the metal parts should not start chipping off that soon.

One day on a bunny hill is just too early. I went an entire season last year and the paint on the heel loop only started to chip off after a really icy day in CO (This was over Spring Break so it was one of my last days of the season.)

It did chip off the toe ratchets a little before, but that didn't bother me because at that point I'd been using them for while. One day on the bunny hill sounds ridiculous.
Exactly what binding model and color are they? Also, where on the bindings did the paint chip off? Sometimes, in manufacturing, some paint colors can be weaker than others.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote