Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion for beginner female snowboard
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
NSI

Smile Board choice

Hello. I too am fairly new at snowboarding. I am 5' 2" and 105 lbs. I found that I needed a light weight and forgiving board for learning. I tried two camber boards last year.... An M3 and a Flow Venus... The M3 was just not for me no pop and very hard to control, the Flow Venus was definitely better but still just didn't seem as responsive to me... Now that may be the fact that I'm still in the learning stages as well. This year I bought a NS Infinity and I absolutely love it first day out I was linking turns better than I ever have before. I have only been out three times so far this year but every time my riding is improving and with their rocker camber technology it makes for better edge control in my opinion. Some people prefer rocker some camber for learning by I sure benefited from the combined rocker camber. I know their boards are little pricey but they are worth the money in my opinion. I live in northern Wisconsin and rely on mostly man made snow and groomer trails. I'm not a park girl but the Infinity has pop like a park board. I went with a 142 cm just because of my weight and short height. To me light and short makes for easier turns and control. This is just my opinion from one newbie to another all I can say is at 33 years old I love to play like a kid on my board and will never give it up took me 3 years of board trying and buying but I found my love for sure. Burton to makes a good board heck they all do the most important thing in my opinion is to go light and short and if you can try to demo a camber board, rocker board, and then a combo rocker camber board to see the difference. Maybe a veteran rider has a different opinion or idea but just keep in mind their are a lot of facts to consider and if you plan on sticking it out thru the learning and continuing on you might want a board that will grow with you. Some boards say intermediate level but they cater to the beginner and also allow you to grow without having to upgrade to a new board. Hope this helps some! -Loving my board that makes me feel like a kid again lol!
NSI is offline   Reply With Quote