Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #464 (permalink)
nethngbtstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
Snow has been firm but in good condition because of the colder temps. Pretty much just riding groomers and a few tracks through the trees. Don't expect to be finding powder stashes anywhere close to a normal run. Is it your first time in Whistler because either way you will have a blast.

It hasn't been too busy of late, which will be nice for you. Bare in mind this coming weekend is an American holiday (I think, and if you aren't american) so Friday/Sat/Sun will be a bit busier then it has been. Come Monday though it should be back to normal

The temps in Whistler look like they should stay reasonably low (compared to the locals in Van) so I wouldn't worry to much about that, however the freezing level totally spikes so
Nice thank you for that update! It is my first time there and I have quite the list of runs I want to scratch off. I'm itching for some pow. Got lucky a few weeks back on the east in Vermont and get hit with 2 back to back storms dropping 5-6 feet fresh snow. the powder in the glades and off trail runs were epic. Now I have the itch even worse. Definitely going to have to find some there buy groomers are great too.

You think the weekend will be busy? I have 5 days of tickets. I was thinking ride Friday, mon-thurs. Skip the weekend if its crowded?
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote