Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Granite Peak
Thread: Granite Peak
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Derp

Friendly Granite Peak snow carnie at your service.

Temps this week are promising for making snow. Trying to replenish some of what the rain took away last Thursday and Friday.

Small chance of snow a few days this week, but not much expected for accumulation.

Here is their "snow report" and I would check it daily and it is constantly changing -

Granite Peak Ski Area

As far as crowds...this is MLK weekend. One of THEE busiest weekends of the season at GP. Illinois folk in full effect as most have that Monday off of work. Expect a completely packed parking lot upon arrival.

If you just want to ride I highly suggest heading to the "Dasher" quad high speed lift in the mornings. Hours for Dasher are 9-4 as that area of the hill doesn't have lights until next season. 1 terrain park, 2 blues, and the rest black diamond. Low lines and quick return to the top.

After 4 pm the shortest lines will be on the "Cupid" lift in the Eastern part of the mountain. A few rollers here, 1 blue, and the rest are black/double black diamond. Lift is a old 2 seater and loves to sway, but that's part of the fun

"Comet" lift gets the brunt of the crowds as it accesses the majority of our blue runs and 2 terrain parks. We will be herding you like cattle down there to try and maximize your run time.

I'll be working 3:30 - CL on Saturday and Sunday at the bottom of Comet if you have any questions. Look or ask for Mike.

*note* we will likely have "Prancer" open which has access to all 3 types of runs.
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote