Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain freestyle setup
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
I've got size 12's on a t.rice 161.5, they fit fine with 15 / -15.

Buttering the t.rice is not fun. Dark Series would be even less fun.
If you do get the rice, I doubt you need a 164. Here's a review, the guy weighs 210 and rides the 157
2013 Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro Snowboard Review
Just to clarify though, I rode the 57 because that was the available size at the demo tent. If I was making a purchase, I'd go with the 161.5 or whatever the next larger size is. 57 is fine for me on a park board (my Arbor Blacklist is a 57) but I'd stay 160+ for an all-mountain board to use outside of the park.

While we're on that topic... As Nivek mentioned, no the Blacklist won't be a great board for bombing. It's not super damp and although it's not noodle-soft, it's deifnitely on the softer side. Works great for "all mountain" here in the midwest where we have maybe 500 vertical feet, but on a bigger mountain I'd probably favor a burlier board. Then again, if you're looking for a "do it all" board, it's *capable* of riding higher speeds it just doesn't excel at that like a firmer, damper board would.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2