Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion for beginner female snowboard
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
XxSnowbunnyxX

Hi. I started last year and although Burton is a GREAT company (my boots are from them), I would say start on a cheaper/used board just to make sure you like it. Plus, with Burton, you have to use only Burton bindings with them or get an adapter type thing to screw other bindings in. I started out on my boyfriend's sister's board that she bought at a yard sale and never used (I think it's called a Whisper?) and then after a couple times I bought an Oxygen Galaxy (not a GREAT brand but not bad for starting out) for $50 w/ boots and bindings on craigslist. I gave the boots away cuz they didn't fit and kept the bindings for a lil, but eventually bought Burton boots and K2 bindings but I am still using the whole set up and I love it. I wanted to get one that I could ding up or trash/sell if need be if I didn't end up liking snowboarding... BUT I love snowboarding now and I will be buying a new board soon but I would say start on a used board and don't spend too much cuz like I said if you don't like it, then you blew a lot of money. Snowboarding is expensive. Good luck!
XxSnowbunnyxX is offline   Reply With Quote