Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
ToKwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
But he was standing directly 2 feet in front of me the whole time, and I found it hard to work like that. I think I just had a hard time with his teaching style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
The instructor was probably not a bad guy, just maybe not experienced as a teacher. Good coaching is 90% people skills and 10% riding skills.

I'll just add a quick comment about the instructing.

Think of the instructor as your employee. You are the one paying for him to be there. If there is something you don't like or understand, then say so. He works for you.

My profession requires me to attend schooling annually. The company spends thousands of dollars per employee, per session every year. If there is something I have a problem with, I speak up. If that particular instructor can't help, then I will find someone else who can. Sometimes the instructor and I just don't get along for whatever reason. End result, I find another instructor that is more beneficial to me.

This is your time and money that you are spending. If you don't like the instructor's teaching style, then find someone else. Like Snowolf stated, the vast majority of teaching doesn't involve the actual subject matter.

Good luck and keep at it.

ToKwik is offline   Reply With Quote