Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Protip: When you volunteer to drive, dont be a douche
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
gakbar22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post

I don't doubt there are drivers who are capable of doing all of those things while driving, and still being safer than most drivers. There are drivers who can drive 50% over the speed limit and are still safer than most. I know because I'm one of them

But you don't make the laws for those people. You make the laws for the ones who can't handle two things at once. And the problem is EVERYONE thinks they're a member of the first group, not the second.

Let's face it, all laws discriminate against the people for whom those laws aren't necessary. But all laws are made for the clubheads who can't handle a three-dimensional universe filled with more than 4 things.

I hear that. A lot of the rules of the road are there for people who just dont have a clue on how to actually drive. I'd rather have a cop pull those dumb shits over then get into an accident with someone who thought they were better then everyone else.

If someone actually said to you, 'dude, you're making me nervous and uncomfortable in your car' would you consider chilling out on that?

When I drive, I want people to be comfy in my car... if I'm driving aggressively and they're freaking out, I'll slow down. If I'm switching lanes, I'll chill out.
gakbar22 is offline   Reply With Quote