Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Protip: When you volunteer to drive, dont be a douche
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
MarshallV82
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbar22 View Post
I hear that. A lot of the rules of the road are there for people who just dont have a clue on how to actually drive. I'd rather have a cop pull those dumb shits over then get into an accident with someone who thought they were better then everyone else.

If someone actually said to you, 'dude, you're making me nervous and uncomfortable in your car' would you consider chilling out on that?

When I drive, I want people to be comfy in my car... if I'm driving aggressively and they're freaking out, I'll slow down. If I'm switching lanes, I'll chill out.
I can agree with that. The main reason I never ride up to mountains with my one buddy is because he's a terrible driver. I love the guy but the silly bastard can't drive worth a shit. He never texts or talks and is frozen to wheel even when the roads are good. I've made him pull over and let one of us drive before. He's been in like 4 minor wrecks in the two years I've known him and is terribly nervous about driving.
My other buddy drinks, eats, loads and smokes a bowl, has been known to send texts when the road conditions/traffic allow. I feel totally safe riding with him! I typically drive myself since they only go on weekends though.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote