Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1st time snowboarding didnt go so well
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
nread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangsters View Post
I won't repeat what everyone else has said, but I applaud your, "calling it a day". Technique, progression, what-have-you aside -- only you know yourself. It is often better to live to ride another day. Any significant (I won't say "major") injury I've ever sustained was on that, "I'll do just one more" run.

Ditto. I'm a board newb too, so take it for what it's worth, but as an active weightlifter and generally active person I can tell you to never underestimate the importance of rest. In the gym, you can get to a point where you are just overtraining and do more harm than good. I wonder: how long can you push yourself on the slopes before you're having to fight your fatigued, slow to respond, lactic acid laden, stiff and unresponsive muscle fibers? Sometimes it's just better to give yourself a few days of rest. Who knows, you might get back on the slopes and find that you were in your own way and a little rest gave everything you learned time to simmer.
nread is offline   Reply With Quote