Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Burton Nug Directional review
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
jojotherider

I think the main difference is that its directional.

I think the tail is a little more blunted also (as in, not as round). I know they did that on this year's Burton Root which is the directional nug successor. A friend of mine has the restricted nug. I'm not sure if i'm riding with him this week, but I'll take a look when I do.

I rode it again last Saturday at Snoqualmie Pass. low-mid 20s, sunny, no new snow for 4 days. very firm conditions. I wouldn't say it was an icy day, but there were a couple spots of just ice here and there. I think this board as your only board would suck. I've never been on a board with such little edge hold on firm conditions. My old Gnu Riders Choice was full rocker, but it had the magnetraction which helped a great deal on the ice. I think the Burton Root with its flat section would be better than this board on ice. Not sure how it'll float compared to v-rocker though.

Thankfully I've got another board I use for firm days so I won't have to use this board. At the same time, we're in a bit of a precip break right now and I'm not going to ride a board I just bought. lol

-joel
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote