Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
The paint issue is not unique to Union either. My Rome Targa`s and 390`s have paint issues too where I have banged them up as do every binding own. My board gets plenty of battle scars as well. Think of these dings, dents, scratches and gouges as battle damage; the give your equipment character and make you look more badass.....

Funny thing is, I picked up the Contact Pro`s last year for my Cobra and until reading this thread, I had not even noticed the toe strap release issue; it was just intuitive to me.
Had an angry parent come in the shop the other day complaining that his son's brand new Forces' toe ratchet had paint chipping after one day. All I could tell him was that my Rome's were 50x worse with paint chipping off the base, highback, and ratchets. Then I said "But they still do their intended job." Also told him if it bothers him that much that Union would take care of him.

Honestly, what do people expect? Do you go back to your car dealership and complain because a piece of road gravel chipped your paint? This is snowboarding and just like with your car, things are going to hit your gear. If you want it to look pristine, then don't ride. If it bothers you that much, stick to matte colors. Anything with any amount of gloss is going chip.